In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Race day is Saturday. We have a system in place that you will need to follow for the 2020 race. Please read and follow the protocol we have put in place to make this event happen during challenging times.
Here are the main points of the video:
1. MASK UP and Social Distance: From the time you arrive to the time you leave, please practice social distancing and wear a mask. We will have buffs for sale on site. Please DO NOT wear a mask while running.
2. Be on time + Carpool with your team! You all have time slots that are now permanent. No slots can be changed. Arrive about 30-45 minutes prior to your time slot.
3. Packet Pickup: Packet pickup will be Friday from 5:00pm - 6:30pm at Fleet Feet Sports in the Forum or Saturday on site. You will go to the Without Limits tend to grab your packet and then find a spot in the field to prepare for your race. Please no gathering close to other teams. All team bibs and purchased items will be in your team bag.
4. Strict Time Slots: Timers will be sticking to the time slots posted online.
5. Starting: At the start you will line like a horse race, 8 wide (2 teams). Your beer will be on the table next to you. When the timer says go, you will grab your beer, drink and then throw it in the receptacle right in front of you and head out on the course. (there will be a 9th lane for runners that need to run multiple laps for their team, see below)
6. Every Bib is Chipped - every bib has a timing chip on it, so everyone will get individual times based on the name associated with their bib number.
6. When you are finished: While it may be "fun" to stick around, we have teams showing up all day that will need to park and race. So once you are done, cheer your team in, and then think about packing up so the next teams can arrive and race.
7. Teams of 2 or 3: If you are running multiple legs for your team this is important. Begin by running with your team on the time slot posted for your first leg. When you complete the first leg, head over to your team bag, take your first bib off, put your 2nd bib on and then you can line up at any point before 4:00pm to run your 2nd leg. There will be 8 sections at the start line and a 9th express lane for runners running a second leg. Simply get into the express lane, let us know you are on your 2nd leg, we will take your bib number down and then you can take off with the other teams lined up with you.
8. Individuals: Individual 20K runners will start later 8 at a time. Be prepared to start at 5:30 so we can get you all on course. You need to be completing your last lap by 7:50pm. You will still have a bag to put your empty beer cups in. Your race will stick to the same formula we have done in the past where you will keep running the course until you complete 4 laps. We will be re-configuring the start and finish area for your race that starts after the relays.
Social Distancing is now measured by person's per square ft. According to Public Health Officials space should allow for 144 square ft. per person.
The copperhead usable space beyond the parking lot is 518,043 square feet. With social distancing that adds up to 3500 that "could" fit in the field. We do not plan to have more than 25 people in one area or more than 100 people in the field at one time, not including runners on the course.
Then this event is for you! You and your friends will take turns running a 5K loop at the Brier Patch Hunting property just north of Poplar Grove Plantation. Before each lap is run, you have the option to drink a 12-ounce beer for a 2 minutes deduction off your lap time. Run solo, with your best friend, or on a team of 3 or 4 to complete the 20K course. Beer option only available for those 21 and older.
You will be required to hold a relay baton during your relay leg.
It's HAPPENING! Prepare for The Copperhead 2020. We have plans in place to allow you to social distance this year and enjoy yourself! Be prepared and plan for the the following guidelines:
Registration for the team relay will be open until Friday August 14th.
Not only will a beer allow a 2:00 minute time deduction, but we are also implementing age graded results.
(Women): 10% (also on top of % listed below for age)
(15 and under) 5%
(40-49) 1% per year
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
We will be hosting this race at Brier Patch Hunting Club just north of Poplar Grove Plantation on US 17. Participants and spectators will get to enjoy the natural atmosphere of Southeastern Coastal NC.
You must be 21 or older to participate in the beer portion of the race. You do not have to drink beer to participate, beer is simply another element to the race and is optional.
Trail shoes recommended. The course is a very natural wooded terrain surrounded by swamp. Footing is variable. Runners will run a loop and then an out and back. You should expect bugs during the race. We have sprayed and fogged the field but not the course itself. The race is called Copperhead due to running in the woods in August. There is a chance that you could see a snake. If you do, please stay away from it and alert us. There is also a walking bridge that you will have to cross. Take caution and go slow.
WHAT TO BRING:
We recommend head wear for the run in case of any flies chasing you
Small Canopy Tents are allowed
Trash Bags for your trash. We will have receptacles and dumpsters but we do not want to have to pick up your trash
FRIDAY: 5:00 to 6:30pm Fleet Feet Sports Mayfaire
SATURDAY AT THE RACE SITE - ARRIVE 30 BEFORE YOUR START TIME
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
10:00am to 5:00pm - 20K relay team seeded start time
5:35pm - 20K OPEN START
7:50pm - 20K open Runners must be on final lap
8:30pm - Course Cutoff
8:30pm - Awards/Course Cutoff
10:00pm - End of Event
All participants will receive a Copperhead Running Socks
Top 5 individuals will receive a custom Machete engraved with the Copperhead Logo
Top relay team will all receive custom Machetes
Fastest Team will receive custom Machetes (still includes beer deduction)
Top Corporate Charity Team will receive custom Machetes
Top Beer Club team will receive custom Machetes
PARKING and RACE SITE ENTRANCE
We have roughly 200 parking spaces on site. Plug in this address to your GPS, it is literally a person's house on US-17 North. The event field is behind the house. There will be a DOT sign that says Event Traffic Ahead and a Police Officer at the turn in. Please slow down ahead of the turn. Event Staff will be on site directing you where to park, please follow their directions.
Hampstead, North Carolina
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.